Keeping Your Children Safe
PLEASE NOTE: THESE PROTOCOLS HAVE BEEN PUT IN PLACE FOR CURRENT RECOMMENDATIONS, THIS IS A LIVING DOCUMENT AND AS WE LEARN MORE AND HEALTH OFFICIALS PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION, WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON ANY CHANGES TO OUR POLICIES, ALWAYS KEEPING OUR DANCERS AND STAFF’S HEALTH AS THE PRIORITY
Spotlight’s Policies to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Class size limits have been put in place to allow for social distancing in all classes.
- Number of studios operating at a time have been reduced to allow for space in hallways before and after classes. Staying below the allowable number of people (50) in the building at a time.
- Sanitization stations have been installed throughout the studio and protocols are put in place for students to sanitize at all transitions into a new part of the studio.
- Students are required to wear a mask upon entering all communal areas of the studio (entering and exiting classrooms and washrooms). Once in the classroom and with social distancing being possible, students have the option to remove their masks for class.
***Please note: All students enrolled in the Acro- Tricks will be required to where face masks throughout class***
- All student lounge areas and waiting rooms are closed. All the hallways have been cleared to allow for as much social distancing in high traffic areas as possible and are not open to the public.
- Increased sanitization for high touch areas throughout the studio before and after classes have been put in place along with sanitization stations throughout the studio.
- All studios have been taped clearly marked for a greater than 2metre cube in the studios. (see attached photos)
- Pathways and one-way arrows have been installed to make sure all entering the studio understand flow of traffic.
- Staff are asked to do a daily health assessment and to stay home if any symptoms arise
- A classroom’s with access to fresh air will have doors/windows open to allow for ventilation.
- Public office hours have been cut down and systems have been moved to online platforms to lower the risk of outside sources and giving parents the convenience of accessing student files, payment information and enrollment from home instead of coming to the office in person. (There are still Public office hours, please phone/email the office for times and days)
- We ask that children stay home if they are sick and that we are informed immediately if their symptoms may be Covid related.